Monday, November 17, 2008

It has been suggested...

It has been suggested that I have two blogs. It has also been suggested that I not post things that are going to offend people. Here is my response.....

Don't read my blog. If you are unable to accept opinions outside your own scope of life, then this is not the blog for you. If you are unable to accept that not all people are like you, and that other people swear and can be crude and offensive, don't read my blog.

My friends and family that truly know and appreciate who I am will read my blog and know when to say something and when not to say something.

If you don't like something that I write on my blog, feel free to say something, but don't expect me to change my own ways or to not express MY own feelings on MY own blog.

This is NOT a family blog. Tyson and I do not have a "family" blog. When our child is old enough to type, he can have his own blog. Tyson and I have two seperate blogs, he has his own and I have my own. On my blog I express my opinions, talk about what is going on in my life, and vent my own frustrations or feelings.

The only person that I invited to view my blog was my husband, Tyson. The only person that will love and appreciate all of me and my opinions, even if we differ on some of them.

If you are truly interested in my life and want to know information about my child then you can do what families do, pick up the phone, ask us over for dinner.

Don't email me or make comments on my blog, thinking that is communication. It's not. It took me a long time to learn that true communication is between two people, face to face. Technology has only hindered, not helped, this process of communication. I have witnessed this several times within my own family, as well as Tyson's. Emailing, texting, or blogging, is NOT a way to communicate with someone. It is pretty much just stating an opinion. If you only want to tell someone how you feel then do one of the ways listed above. However, communication should be a two way street. If you want to have a discussion with someone, do it in person. TALKING to each other is a great way to communicate with someone. And it is possible to have a discussion with someone even if your views differ, as long as there are two open minds involved, then it is possible.

For those of you that will continue to read my blog, thanks and welcome.

To those of you that will choose to not read my blog, have a nice life.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well said ! I love you. Mom

pirate ride said...

I agree with your mom very well said!!

CookFamily said...

I value any way I can "talk" to you. I agree face-to-face is preferred, but, with distance I'll take what I can get. Besides, Savannah loves seeing Jessica knocked up on her blog!

Hilary said...

I'd like to communicate with you sometime...maybe over food at some sort of meal...lunch possibly. And...I enjoy your opinions and the pictures of knocked up Jessica too:)

Aly said...

You go girl!!

JessicaBW's shared items

Blogger Against Hunger