Saturday, June 12, 2010

Don't worry about it

Alright people - I'm not a freak and I'm fine. Thanks for caring.
Sometimes I just need to write down what I am feeling and get it out and express it.
As some of you may not know, I was recently let go from my job at the ECT clinic. I am so distraught and whenever I think about it, I cry. I miss my family there. Over the past three years, I have become very close to not only the staff but also the patients. Depression is such a terrible disease and in such a small clinic one becomes VERY close to the patients that we see. Some are regulars, they come in every 2-5 weeks. I've seen so many people go through the clinic and I have seen their lives change. I believe in everything that the ECT clinic does, and every staff that works there. And I miss my family there.
I feel such a huge loss and I do feel a huge piece of my heart is missing. I feel empty. It was more than just a job for me. I believed in my work and I believed in helping people.

I know that I can continue helping others and move on with my life. I am excited about the new position I will be working at the adolescent treatment center. I am excited that I will be able to use a lot of my skills that I have learned over the years. And I am glad that I am still able to make an impact on other people's lives.

Goodbye to my ECT family - hopefully I can come back someday.

2 comments:

JoAnna Fountain said...

Sorry to hear about your job, but I am glad you found another one so quickly and can still continue in helping others. Adolescents will be an experience. Good luck!

carolee said...

Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Its so hard when things don't turn out how we plan them. But, I know you'll do great things with whatever you choose to do. We miss you guys. Give that sweet baby boy a kiss from me!

JessicaBW's shared items

Blogger Against Hunger