Saturday, August 8, 2009

Living in this society....

First of all, I would not describe myself as a feminist. However, I do believe that men and women should be treated equally.
After reading this article (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/08/opinion/08herbert.html?partner=rss&emc=rss) I realized how much I am surrounded by patriarchal or misogynistic people/work places.

I encourage you all to take a step back and thing if you contribute to this problem, men and women.

What do you think? Are women at risk?

3 comments:

CookFamily said...

This is scary. There are sick people out there, of both genders. Makes me happy to have avoided them so far.

P.S. You sing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' better than that Jewel chick.

Tyson said...

Interesting article, and it's true that this particular type of violence doesn't get the focus it deserves. I disagree that the availability of guns is part of the problem though. A messed up guy that wants to harm women is going to harm them in whatever way he can. The focus of the article should've been on how we can start raising boys in a way that would prevent the problem in the first place. I still need to read "Raising Cain" but I have a suspicion that it and books like it are part of the solution.

pirate ride said...

Thats some Sad, scary, shit!! Thank you for posting and I also learned a new word and it's definition (Misogyny) never heard of that word before wow!!

JessicaBW's shared items

Blogger Against Hunger